Mary and Max (2009)

I completely understand that I was hypocritical saying that I don't like sites pushing a movie they haven't seen (e.g. The Last Truck). In my most on The Secret of Kells I said that this indie film should have been nominated if the committee wanted to take the unique path they sometimes show.

So I was able to get through this film pretty quickly, it is a cute little dark comedy, that just like the Secret of Kells, is not for children. There is death, criminal acts, near suicides, etc. that you just don't need to expose to them, and might be the ultimate reason it was passed over.

The story is about a girl named Mary who lives in Australia. She is not very popular and has a strange family. One day at the post office she decides to randomly pick someone out of the New York City phone book to send a letter to. That person is Max, a paranoid 40-something that leads a strange life and they become pen-pals.

I really liked the animation style and the characters. It was a great story and a quick watch. I would happily watch it again... but not around children.

Vote: 8/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0978762/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật