3 Idiots (2009)

This Bollywood comedy stars Aamir Khan, who is probably the most popular actor in India at this time. He stars in films such as Lagaan, Rang De Basanti, Earth, and Like Stars on Earth.

The only one of those that I have seen is Like Stars on Earth, and I did enjoy it. I gave it a 7/10. This one is about a kid who is thought to be a lazy student but thanks to a good teacher [Khan] he is inspired to become a good student. The 7/10 was because the film is close to three hours, it breaks out in song and dance several times, which works with the kids movie theme.

This movie is about three college students. Khan plays the son of a rich Indian family who puts learning above grades. There is a good moral to the story, but the breaking into song and dance in this film just does not fit. Maybe this is normal in India, but I didn't like it. The head professor, I'm guessing he is the dean... it wasn't very clear to me, is made to look like a moron. I'm not sure why he had to be so over-the-top stupid with crazy hair, a lisp, and crossed eyes; I found this whole dynamic ridiculous.

Late in the film Khan's character is re-united with the girl he loves. It has been 10 years and he has made no effort to contact her? This is just stupid, and played off as comical, I didn't think this was in any way realistic. For a 2 and a half hour commitment I wasn't very impressed with this film. It is about college electrical engineers, so that was one saving grace for me.

Vote: 6/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1187043/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật