This Is It (2009)

I have been meaning to watch this one for a while. Honestly I was waiting for an opportunity when I didn't need to pay full attention. I've seen this one categorized as a documentary, but you aren't learning anything, there is no narration, and I don't consider a few lines about his passing a storyline. You could almost call this a musical, but it is more like a DVD you get for free with a music CD at the record store. Just a raw performance music video is really what it is, so I'll call it a musical.

The film starts with interviews of the extras, talking about how much they love Michael then we hit the stage. The film basically goes through each final take on each song he had planned for his final tour which he called "This is it."

There are some pretty cool sets, and it seemed like there was a different set for each song. It really would have been an amazing concert to attend. The thing that struck me the most was his passion for saving the environment. He seemed to think the world was going to end in 2012 because of how humans were treating the environment. This really made me think... what exactly has this mulch-millionaire done himself?

He SHOULD and COULD have done a lot, so before I assumed he hadn't I did some research. His song "Heal the World," is said to have created an awareness for the environment with a younger generation. He is given a lot of credit for writing some songs, and I will commend him for that. His videos really did reach a lot of people and send a strong message internationally, and at the end of the video there is a note to donate to his charity "Heal the World Foundation." Jackson established two foundations with his millions of dollars, this one and one and "Michael Jackson United Negro College Fund Endowed Scholarship Fund." This one is an endowment, so he put $1.5 million in it in 1986... and that was it. The Heal the World Foundation lost it's tax exempt status in 2002 when it failed to file yearly tax statements. The reality is that he was a hypocrite, he took no real actions to help the environment. None of his charity work helped the environment, he just made money on songs about helping the environment telling people to do their part without doing his own. I'm not going to get into his personal life, not necessary, but this alone bothered me. You need to be a big Jackson fan to find this one worth your time.

Vote: 5/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1477715/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật