When We Leave: Die Fremde (2010)

This was the 9th out of 10 foreign films from last year I really wanted to see. Sadly Life, Above All STILL isn't out on DVD, but is projected for a Dec. 6th, 2011 release.

I can't say I knew anything about this one other than it was really depressing... and boy is it. The film is about a Turkish woman in Germany that leaves her husband. Coming from a culture that forbids this activity he becomes alienated from her family. Her husband beat her and her child so she is forced to rely on the German government to provide assistance to basically hide them. She goes back to school and gets a job, but her constant efforts to still be part of the family only anger the men in the family.

This is an all around sad and depressing film. So sad that I couldn't sleep when finishing it and had to switch gears and watch a comedy for half an hour before I could get it out of my head. there is no silver lining and really no message to this film. It really is just an effort to bring light to modern day oppression that some women still face. Good point, but not something I want to commit two hours to.

Vote: 4/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1288376/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật