The Orphanage: El orfanato (2007)

The newest film in the 101 Horror Movies book, and one that I have been putting off for years. For some reason I really thought this was a Guillermo del Toro [Pan's Labyrinth and The Devil's Backbone] film. Now I feel ignorant because Del Toro is Mexican and the actual director Juan Antonio Bayona is from Spain.


I'm not familiar at all with the cast, which isn't a bad thing, especially in this genre where stars make outcomes predictable. The film is about a mother, who was once an orphan, that convinces her husband to but the home that was once her orphanage years later. She has aspirations of having a large family, and they have already adopted their first son when they first move in.


The boy immediately makes an imaginary friend, and we [as an audience] get flashbacks that lead us to believe their are ghosts. I think that I thought this was Del Toro mainly because it reminds me so much of The Devil's Backbone, but I liked it even more.


For a movie I put off because I wasn't expecting much I really liked the storyline, conclusion, and some jumpy moments in the film. If you are looking for a good ghost story check this one out.


Vote: 8/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0464141/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật