Two Year Anniversary

Hard to believe that it has been two years. In some ways I feel like I've been writing for much, much longer. Maybe that is because I've written 700 reviews now. I can definitely say that I watch movies differently now that I'm a blogger. Maybe this is good, maybe not. It forces me to pay attention more, it motivates me to plow through the bad films, and it makes me think about what I did and didn't like about the films while watching them. The downside is that I feel that all movies start at a 10/10, and that I have to criticize them all negatively. It is hard to say, "Hey, this movie is a 6/10 and nothing was really wrong with it." So feeling like I'm bashing films all the time is hard, especially since I like a lot of films, and definitely enjoyed everything I gave an 8 or more.

So what was the best of the year? Well these are the best NEW films I've seen in the last year. New meaning that they are less than two years old and I watched them in the last 365 days. Don't be too concerned with the order, I hate saying a film was 5th or 6th best when they were both excellent and completely different.

Last year's Top 20: http://thelarsenfilmreview.blogspot.com/2010/10/one-year-anniversary-best-of-year.html
All links will take you to my reviews of these films.

1. Inception
2. The Social Network
3. Harry Potter 8
4. Inside Job
5. The King's Speech
6. GasLand
7. Waiting for 'Superman'
8. You Don't Know Jack
9. Fish Tank
10. Bridesmaids
11. Animal Kingdom
12. In a Better World
13. X-Men: First Class
14. Coco Before Chanel
15. Black Swan
16. Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
17. Toy Story 3
18. The Next Three Days
19. 127 Hours
20. Country Strong

Honorable Mention [Worth watching if you are a fan of the Foo Fighters]:
Foo Fighters: Back and Forth

Worst 10 of the Year:
1. A Christmas Carol
2. The Expendables
3. Hobo with a Shotgun
4. Il Divo
5. The Tempest
6. Babies
7. Synecdoche, New York
8. Jonah Hex
9. Uncle Boonme
10. I am Love

Look for my Top 100 Action films sometime in the next month!
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật