Foo Fighters: Back and Forth (2011)

A made for tv [VH1 to be exact] documentary that I felt deserved a post about. This is one of the bands I grew up listening to, and with their latest album just being released the 2 hour film is worth a review. The film centers around Dave Grohl and his journey through his musical career.

Side Note:
I remember not getting tickets to the tour of their self-titled album release back in 1995, then begging my dad to take me to The Colour and the Shape Tour in 1996. We went to the show in mid-July at a venue that didn't have A/C. It was later recorded that it was 112 degrees inside, and I can imagine what it was like on stage. Anyways, I have a lot of memories of this band and seeing a full history was nice.

So the documentary starts primarily with Dave joining Nirvana and his side of the Kurt Cobain suicide, and the difficulties of continuing his musical career afterwards. Just like one of my other favorite bands, Nine Inch Nails where Trent Reznor performed all the parts of his first album Pretty Hate Machine, Dave in fact performed all the parts of the original Foo Fighters album himself. He then went out and found a band that had just fallen apart and recruited three of its members, as well as a former Nirvana band mate to go on tour. After the first three albums and seven years only one of those 4 members made it through.

The documentary does a great job keeping the focus on the bands growth and evolution. I really could have done without the last 30 minutes which was more of an ad for the new album and less about the band's history, but it was nice to see the band interacting and working on new music and the thought process behind that.

Overall: A very bias perfect 10/10 because I love the band, even if I didn't the first two hours is a 7 or 8 depending on if you like this music.


Vote: 10/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1853563/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật