Oklahoma! (1955)

A must see musical for me. Born and raised in Oklahoma it was starting to get embarrassing to say that I had not seen this film. A winner of two Oscars in the 50's and full of songs I have heard many many times.

So what is the film about? Curly and Laurey like each other but not dating, when Curly takes too long to ask Laurey to the dance she let's Jed take her. Jed is the hired hand on her mother's ranch, an odd [and creepy] character that takes great offense when Curly is around.

There is a side plot with an easy girl who has a peddler and local boy both courting her. She is to daft to deny either of their advances, and the comic relief of this love triangle gets annoying fast.

The dream dance sequence ruined this film for me. What could have been a solid 7 and maybe even an 8 dropped to barely worth watching after a 20 minute sequence where the main character changed, the dialog ended, and the dancing went on, and on, and on.

A must watch, but not necessarily a worthwhile watch. I'm glad that I can now say I have seen this one.

Vote: 6/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0048445/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật