Trouble in Paradise (1932)

This is going to be a really bad review, and I'm sorry for that. I have to say this film never really had my interest. I found it dull and slow, but nevertheless made it through pretty quickly. In retrospect I can't say I remember much about it... already. Maybe that is strange, but you can't tell me you haven't watched a movie so boring that you almost instantly forget it.

The movie is a romantic comedy starring Herbert Marshall and Miriam Hopkins, the two meet while trying to con each other, they have a moment when they both figure each other out as fakes, and instantly fall in love. The premise of the film is that they work as a team pulling big con jobs all across Europe. They both join a perfume company and target the beautiful owner. Marshall makes his way up the food chain at the company to get in close contact before even eventually being in charge of financial decisions. Saying more would spoil the film, what there is of one that is.

I just couldn't get into this film, I didn't find much of anything to be funny. As a drama it was weak, and it was weak as a romance. Maybe it was more interesting 80 years ago.

Vote: 6/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0023622/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật