Gulliver's Travels (2010)

I didn't expect much out of the latest helping of Jack Black cinema. A one dimensional actor that you know ahead of the time if you like or not. I'm a fan of The School of Rock and have found most of his films hit or miss since. So right off the bat if you don't like Jack Black you won't like this at all.

Another modern day spin on the classic story, Black works in the mail room of what I believe is a travel magazine. He doesn't really aspire to become a journalist, but for years has been in love with Amanda Peet's character, Darcy. To impress her he plagiarizes some material to get a shot at a story, she sends him to the Bermuda Triangle where he goes through a storm and is sent to the island of Liliput. He makes friends with Horatio [Jason Segel] who is in love with the princess [Emily Blunt].

Like most bad comedies the film has a good setup, the first 20-30 minutes aren't bad. I actually watched this in two parts the was pretty happy when I took a break in the middle. After the setup Black is left to ad-lib the next 30 minutes. This is where the film takes a turn for the worse.

I'm kinda glad I checked it out, but I one bad review from avoiding this one. I hope I'm your "one bad review" and you skip it like I should have. I like Segel and Blunt, but they couldn't save this film.

Vote: 4/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1320261/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật