Get Low (2010)

It took a lot for me to actually give this film a chance, I don't regret the decision, but I don't feel like I found a sleeper hit either. A film that was on the Oscar radar for a while but had a delayed release and wasn't as warmly accepted as it could have been.

The film is based on a true story, and from what I could tell it wasn't over dramatized, which might be why it seemed to fall flat for me. Robert Duvall plays a hermit that receives a message that one of his friends has past. Going to his funeral he decides that his time may be coming close also, and on the trip finds that most of the townspeople are quite afraid of him. They all seem to have a story about how he became a hermit, and he decides that he wants to have a funeral before he is gone... so that he can attend.

I liked Lucas Black in this and Robert Duvall was really good. I'm not a big fan of Sissy Spacek and I can never take Bill Murray seriously. I really enjoyed a good chunk of the film, and I fear I'm spoiling a little bit when I say that the film just kind of ended for me. It was just kinda over. We heard his story, learned about him, but I didn't really care that much. I can't really suggest this one, it wasn't bad, and it might connect with other people, so I also don't want to deter anyone either.

Vote: 7/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1194263/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật