My Darling Clementine (1946)

A classic John Ford western starring Henry Fonda as Wyatt Earp. Not the best title for a film, which lead me to think it might even be a romance. Some might say it is a romantic western, but that is kind of an oxymoron. A film that finished the filmsite.org top 100 for me, this was really pretty good.

A retelling of the shootout at the OK Corral in the town of Tombstone. A western tale retold in several other films this is Wyatt Earp, his brothers, and Doc Holiday against the Clanton family. Walter Brennan plays the father of the Clanton family, an actor I'm used to seeing in a hero, or at least on the side of good.

 The love triangle between Earp, Holiday, and Clementine give depth to the storyline. For a western, I really liked it, and if you are looking for a good western check this one out.


Vote: 7/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0038762/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật