Burlesque (2010)

At the tail end of musical month, the biggest musical of the year could not be skipped. Not to mention as a Golden Globe winner, for Cher's song, I had to get this one end at the end.

I'm not really sure I know who the target audience was for this film. I idea of the film stems from the director Steve Antin watching Christina Aguilera perform with The Pussycat Dolls back in 2002. It seems like the film was built around that, and little more. The premise is that small town Ali [Christina Aguilera] decides to move to LA because she is tired of living in a small town. Struggling to make ends meet she becomes a waitress at a Burlesque. Her goal is to be a performer, and when she finally does one of the stars sabotages her show forcing her to actually sing.

Some of the songs are ok. For a dead genre it wasn't that big of a flop, and I kind of enjoyed seeing Aguilera act. I honestly don't recognize her without being on stage performing so that was actually pretty cool. Cher was ok, and I don't understand why Stanley Tucci was in this film. He is a really good actor and should be taking on roles in better films. He acted really well in this film, but it clearly wasn't challenging for him. Step it up Tucci!

Vote: 6/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1126591/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật