Client 9: The Rise and Fall of Eliot Spitzer (2010)

For a second year I've been really into the documentary category of the Oscars and try and watch a handful of short list picks that didn't get a nomination. It really helps me get a feel for what the academy thinks is worthy and if going beyond there picks is worthwhile. For the most part I like all documentaries, and as you have probably seen from my ratings they usually get at least an average rating. It quickly drops into an avoid watching (5/10) if I felt I gained nothing from the film. Unlike fiction films, I want to learn something from a documentary. When I feel I'm being lied to I start to really hate the film. 3/10 might be generous for a documentary that really pissed me off.

Eliot Spitzer was a powerful man in New York who did a lot of good in terms of regulations on Wall Street, he was also an asshole. Maybe that is what it takes to go up against the likes of AIG and these corporations, but when you are also doing illegal stuff you lose all credibility yourself. Spitzer is interviewed in this film and has no problems talking about all the good things he did in his career. He immediately tells the interview he does not want to talk about all of the illegal things he did. Come on. YOU MADE THIS DOCUMENTARY. If you aren't willing to get it out in the open, apologize, and move on how are you going to gain any credibility. This documentary is more of a campaign ad of Spitzer's telling us to forgive him because others were so much worse than him.

I learned nothing from this documentary, which is horrible considering that it pushes 2 hours. Interviews with call girls that just drag out, and air-headed girls that run these call girl organizations was almost painful to sit through. One of the first documentaries that I severely disliked.

Vote: 3/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1638362/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật