Angel Heart (1987)

It is difficult to find a place to start with this movie. To begin, I have become familiar with Mickey Rourke after his role in The Wrestler last year. I was unaware of his past and really his entire career. Last year when I watched Diner I did not recognize him and it wasn't until I started this movie that I put two and two together. The main actress, in more of a supporting role is Lisa Bonet, you probably remember her as Denise Huxtable on "The Cosby Show". This film was made between her departure from The Cosby Show and start of "A Different World" which is the spin-off where she goes to college. Robert De Niro plays a supporting role in this film, and honestly I would have liked to see more of him, his acting skills might have made this film better.

So the film is about a detective, and it would have been nice if the film would have opened with a location and date subtitled along with the fact that he is a detective on his office door. I actually had to scan backwards because I thought I had missed this information. The main draw of this movie is probably the sex scene between Rourke and Bonet, coming at the peak of her career it was the only draw to this movie upon its release. Of course they put De Niro very large on the movie poster even though we get 5-10 minutes of him throughout the film.

I found myself very bored during this and actually spent most of my time surfing the internet reading about Bonet's and Rourke's history since this film. Bonet married Lenny Kravitz, divorced, remarried and named her 2nd kid Nakoa-Wolf Manakauapo Namakaeha Momoa, wow. Rourke went on to wrestle, get in trouble with the law, and clean himself up finding success with Sin City, The Wrestler, and the upcoming Iron Man 2.

I would definitely not recommend this film,
Vote: 5/10

IMDB Link:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092563/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật