Jacob's Ladder (1990)


Something you will learn about me is that I want to know as little as possible going into a movie. Therefore I try not to ruin the movies during my reviews. Seeing that is it "Horror Month," and this is in Steven Jay Schneider's "101 Horror Movies You Must See Before You Die" I expected the typical dark entrance to a horror flick.

The film opens in Vietnam and I wondered if I had miscategorized the film, we quickly learn that this is a flashback and spend the rest of the film jumping around between dreams and reality. The exciting part is that you are never really sure if what you are watching is his dream or the real world which makes for a great finish.

I'm not a huge fan of Tim Robbins but I would quickly short list this film as one of his best: Bull Durham, Jacob's Ladder, Shawshank Redemption, and Mystic River.

My vote: 7/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099871/
Share:

1 nhận xét:

  1. this was creepy as hell. interesting pick for your first movie ;o). i too like to know little going into a movie...really makes some movies more of a surprise (eternal sunshine, for example)

    Trả lờiXóa

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật