Wait Until Dark (1967)

I sometimes forget who is even in a movie before I start it, so when the opening credits said Audrey Hepburn and Alan Arkin it was a really nice suprise. This is one of Audrey's last films and considered one of her best performances, this was her 5th and final Oscar Nominations for Actress in a Leading Role with her only win from her first nomination for "Roman Holiday."

Audrey plays a blind woman somehow tangled in a drug smuggling done wrong. She single handedly made this film worth watching, and with the exception of Charade (with Cary Grant) I think she generally tends to make her films a one man show. Alan Arkin is best known, to me, for his role in Little Miss Sunshine which is his only Oscar win. I didn't even recognize him in this film at the age of 33.

The whole film seemed a little bit far fetched to me, but situations gone wrong tend to be central themes for many films, so I can't blame them for that. This was however a very easy watch and it didn't require my complete focus. For the most part it all took place on a single set. If you are wanting to watch a short list of the best Hepburn films than this is a necessity, if you could take or leave her acting this film is not for you.

Vote: 7/10

IMDB Link:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062467/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật