Introduction

My name is Keith Larsen, I have become an avid movie watcher over the last several years and like to reflect on what I have watched. I have more than a few goals when watching films. There are several movie lists that I am working on, they can be seen here:

http://www.listsofbests.com/person/FrizBTau

All of my films have been rated on a 10 point scale through imdb, you can see all the films I have seen and my ratings here:
http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=11389878

I use the imdb scale as follows:
10/10 - Worth owning
9/10 - One of the best of the year, highly recommended
8/10 - Quality movie all around, would suggest
7/10 - Good movie but not something I would watch a 2nd time, wouldn't suggest but would tell someone interested to watch it
6/10 - All around average, nothing memorable
5/10 - Not good, would tell people to avoid
4/10 - (1 of 3) Awful acting, awful script/story, awful cinematics
3/10 - (2 of 3) Awful acting, awful script/story, awful cinematics
2/10 - (3 of 3) Awful acting, awful script/story, awful cinematics
1/10 - No redeeming qualities

Rating breakdown as of 10/23/09 (2182 films)
10's: 3%
9's: 6%
8's: 13%
7's: 24%
6's: 25%
5's: 13%
4's: 8%
3's: 4%
2's: 3%
1's: 2%



1 out of 5 films I've seen are worth viewing.
Share:

1 nhận xét:

  1. Hello LMR (Larsen Movie Review) Followers, I go by wildturkey, and yes, I am referring also to a fine Kentucky Bourbon, that has helped to blank-out more than a few rough college weekends (http://www.wildturkeybourbon.com). I am NOT a movie efficianado at all, I actually have no expertise with anything that has to do with movies. So what I am doing here then? It is hard to explain, but I just find Mr. Larsen's odd desire to apparently watch every movie ever made, very entertaining. Then I consider the fact, that he wants to also comment on his extremely eclectic list of movies, to be damn near inspiring, inspiring for what, I am not sure, just inspiring. I think my role on the Larsen Movie Review, is like watching a turtle try to get somewhere, the turtle does not really seem to konw where he is going, but he is clearly determined because it has taken the turtle all morning to go 10 feet. Why do I feel more compelled to go and move the sticks and rocks out of the turtle's path, instead of just picking him up and caring him another 10 feet along the way?...I am not sure either, I just do. So, although I know that the turtle will eventually get to where he wants to go with our without my interference, it somehow makes me feel apart of his journey, which I enjoy. The turtle gets to do all the hard work, but I get to hassle...huh... I mean "encourage" the turtle along the way and share in the growing success of his seemingly endless journey.

    Here is how I plan to move the rocks and sticks out of the turtle's path. I will attempt to review the movie review, not the movie, ie a "Movie Review Review" . I will use a 15 point "Turkey" rating system based on the three following categories.
    Objectiveness Category, 1 to 4 Turkeys) Was Mr. Larsen reasonably objective across all facets of the movie. Mr Larsen can not imply a movie with a food fight at a salad bar had issues because he suffers from a severe Lachanophobia . Just because some girl with a red shirt, stopped some high school bully from taking Mr Larsen's milk money a few times, does not allow him to give glowing reviews to movies with red-shirted heroines.
    Intention Category, 1 to 4 Turkeys) Was Mr. Larsen's review reasonable to the movie intention. Everyone understands that "Porky's Revenge" is not Schindler's List, we do not need to read 4 paragraphs explaining why.
    Quality & Effort Category, 1 to 7 Turkeys) First, we do not want to read reviews that look like he wrote them in five minutes while running late for work. Second, the review should not look like Mr. Larsen read the back of the movie box, and changed a few words. Finally, we like action verbs, Mr Larsen's reviews should show us how he felt, not tell us, if we can not figure how Mr. Larsen really felt about a movie, then the words "This movie was bad" is not going to bring us back for more.

    There are millions of movie review sites on the web, if Mr. Larsen does not want to put an effort in to his movie reviews we will just find someone who will!
    *** I reserve the right to modify and stray from my own rating system as I see fit, thus is the power of the critic***

    Trả lờiXóa

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật