The Tempest (2010)

The frontrunner for the worst movie of the year for me is this cinematic adaptation of Shakespeare's play. Nominated for an Oscar for Costume Design and greatly overlooked by the production company with respect to promotions.

Helen Mirren plays the main character, a magician who is sentenced to live on an uninhabited island for performing witchcraft. She raises her daughter there and argues with Djimon Hounsou and Ben Whishaw character about lord knows what. Sure I didn't understand the movie, I even read the cliff notes halfway into the movie to try and figure out what was going on. I just don't like Shakespeare movies like this.

I'm not at all surprised that this movie was overlooked and Russell Brand is just another black mark on this film and should be enough to detour anyone on the fence.

Vote: 1/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1274300/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật

Blog Archive