The Long Riders (1980)

Even though we are a few weeks away from western/war movie month I wanted to watch this western film because I happened to have the opportunity to see it in HD.

Directed by Walter Hill and starring all 3 Carradine brothers, the Keach brothers, and the Quaid brothers. I found this one appropriate to watch sooner than later since it pairs David Carradine and Hill AGAIN. Having recently watched Death Race 2000 and Cannonball! in June.

Maybe that made me more critical since I didn't like those films and do not have the highest opinion of Carradine as an actor. Before watching this I didn't realize that Randy Quaid [Cousin Eddie from the Christmas Vacation and other Lampoon films] was Dennis Quaid's older brother. I didn't see the resemblance. I like Dennis, but his role was so minor it really isn't worth mentioning. The only real role that caught my attention was James Keach as Jesse James. He was really good and the only part of the film I really cared for. It was pretty cool that this is based on the Younger/James gang and from what I can tell is a pretty good telling. I would say I like this more than The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford even though I gave them both a 6/10.

I sure hope won't top the rest of western month.

Vote: 6/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081071/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật

Blog Archive