Monsters (2010)

I'm going to be meaner than I should in my review of this film and I need to tell you why from the start. I watched this film simply because it beat out The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo for the Saturn award for the best Internation Scifi, Action, or Horror film. The saturn awards are geared at giving credit to films in genres overlooked by the Oscars and Globes and I felt this was a much weaker film. It is marketed as an alien action film but is in fact a drama so I don't think it should have been considered for the Saturn, but then again The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is more of a drama than an action.

The thing is this film is labeled as a SciFi film, even the opening credits are an alien attack. The poster makes it look like an action film. But these aren't the only reasons I disliked the film.

It is a drama centered around the two characters you see on the poster. A journalist and his bosses daughter who are traveling from South Mexico to America through an "infected" zone. They encounter little to no aliens and the film is centered around a budding relationship. It achieves so little in an hour and a half and the aliens are more of a distraction from the real plot than an addition.

Make in the UK but not a single actor has a British accent. Entirely in english and the winner of the foreign award, kind of a joke if you ask me.

Vote: 5/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1470827/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật

Blog Archive