Waste Land (2010)

It has taken me a while but I finally got around to watching the 5th documentary nominee from last years Oscars. I feared that this film would be artistic and boring but was surprised at how good it really was.

The documentary follows Brazil's most famous artist Vik Muniz as he travels to Brazil's largest landfill to document the workers. This film follows him as he spends two years in the landfill learning about the people that work there, and how they got into such a dire situation. He hires a handful of the workers that he takes pictures of to help construct the pictures out of trash by following outlines of their projections on a warehouse floor. They would be quick to correct me that it is not made from trash, but from recyclable materials.

I really think I would have give this an 8 if I hadn't already seen Recycled Life, an Oscar short with the same theme without the art. I liked this better than Exit Through The Gift Shop though, and believe it deserved the nomination more because he actually had a message.

Vote: 7/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1268204/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật

Blog Archive