Harry Potter [1] and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001)

In preparation for the final Harry Potter movie this month I went back and re-watched the entire series. I don't plan on writing extensive reviews for each film and will do my best to remember what came from each movie.

Having not read the books and watching the movies spread out over a decade, each one got more confusing and I was lost a little more with each to the point that last years made little to no sense to me. The first time I watch this film I was a Freshman in college and watched it alone in my dorm room. A kids movie with all due respect that I didn't think much of. The series is interesting in that the directing and acting matured with the films as the cast grew up.

Directed by Chris Columbus who is famous for Home Alone and The Gooniesthe film has an immaturity to it as well. You get a sense that the bad guy Lord Voldemort is nothing more than a cartoon bad guy that poses little to no threat. The kids are new to magic it is almost geared for a young audience.

That being said, it was good enough to make 7 more, and to keep the same cast and director for the next film.

Vote: 7/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0241527/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật

Blog Archive