Iris (2001)

Kate Winslet and Judi Dench split starring roles in this film about the biographical film about the novelist Iris Murdoch. Winslet plays Iris as a college age woman who meets her eventual husband, John Bayley [Hugh Bonneville]. Dench plays Iris from the point that she starts to get Alzheimer's disease, Bayley is then played by Jim Broadbent. I watched this film since it won an Oscar a decade ago for Jim Broadbent's performance. Sure you would assume that Winslet or Dench, both nominees, would be the reason to watch this film, but it was in fact Broadbent that shines the most.

So why did I not like this film? For starters it as depressing. I didn't need to see a film about a woman that loves herself and her writing more than her husband. Interesting that this screenplay was written by John Bayley... Too much Winslet boobs, I didn't need to see her swimming around topless over... and over... and over. So sure, I get it, she is a free spirit. It didn't help that I got the feeling that Bayley regretted his life with her after a scene that probably won Broadbent the Oscar.

Anyways, I can definitely see why this is one of those supporting actor wins that gets ignored. not worth your time.


Vote: 4/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0280778/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật

Blog Archive