Scanners (1981)

You would probably be more familiar with David Cronenberg's other major film, The Fly. However, Cronenberg has been making science fiction/horror films for decades. Videodrome, The Dead Zone, Dead Ringers, and Naked Lunch are some of his other 80's horror/scifi films that made him so popular.

I had heard of this film, and with a recent HD release it was about time to check it out. The poster makes it look really cheesy, and honestly that is what I expect from Cronenberg. The film is about people that use telepathy to control other's minds. An inspiration for a familiar ability copied by X-Men. 

Overall it was just ok for me, I feel saying I liked it more might be easier because I felt that I should have... but there were some parts that were a little stupid and I didn't really like Stephen Lack in the leading role. I did love the plot and idea behind the film. There are some cool scenes, there is one where a guys head explodes. This is credited with the most re-wound and re-played scene in VHS history. Don't ask me how they figured that out.

Vote: 6/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081455/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật

Blog Archive