The Social Network (2010)

Only the 2nd film of the year I have given a 10/10 and for many good reasons. Since I expect this post to be heavily reviewed I'll do my best to justify why I really liked this film and am not just jumping on the bandwagon of what everyone says is the best this year.

First off much like a have said in the past, this is one of the few movies I've completely lost track of the time, got lost in the film, and before I knew it, it was over. Second, Nine Inch Nails is my favorite band, so the soundtrack done by Trent Reznor is fantastic. Third, the acting was excellent, the joke I've recently heard is that Mark Zuckerberg plays a great Jesse Eisenberg, I haven't been a huge fan of Jesse to this point. Adventureland annoyed me, and I started to warm up to him in Zombieland. Rooney Mara did so well we will get to see her try and pull off Lisbeth Salander in the American version of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo later in 2011. Supporting roles by Andrew Garfield and Justin Timberlake were fantastic as well, and might pull in a few awards.


So a little about the film. This is an Adapated Screenplay from the book "The Accidental Billionaires" by Ben Mezrich, who is the same guy who wrote "Bringing Down the House," which was turned into 21 by thesame production company a few years ago. The film documents the rise of facebook, following the inventor through the development process. Told in flashback were the "present day" is meeting with lawyers determining settlements for co-founders.


Since this was based on a novel I can't knock if for leaving out some controversial issues with facebook over the last several years. Mainly the privacy clause and Zuckerberg's quotes about how we are all stupid people willing to just give away our personal information to anyone. Then of course if the facebook integrating with our phones, other media devices. As well as opening it past the University level to children and adults well out of college. The film did not make him a hero, but seemed to attempt to portray his personality as realistically as possible. It appears to be pretty authentic.

A very good film, that I expect to win many awards. Well worth watching.

Vote: 10/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1285016/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật