Bangkok Dangerous (2008)

A cheap Hollywood remake of the 1999 film with the same title and same directors: Oxide Pang Chun and Danny Pang. Chun has been compared to John Woo by some, and to me this was an attempt to bring another Hong Kong action director to the US market. Sadly he cast Nicolas Cage who seems to be fueled by nothing but money right now.

I hate to use the cliche for Mr. Cage, that he is unemotional when acting, but nothing could be much further from the truth here. Scenes are grossly unrealistic with endless clips in action scenes, jumps and dives that would break any other mans wrists or ankles. Hey, it is cheap action so I can look past that a little.

I really felt like I was following the bad guy through this movie though. The hitman working his last big job, complicated and killing people with his catch phrase "He's bad for somebody." Instead of "he is a bad guy," so we know he is aware he is providing a service for some really bad people. The movie didn't make sense, he constantly narrates his "rules," then proceeds to break every one of them. I can see how this film might, might, have been better in its original release, but I can't be sure after watching this.

Vote: 5/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0814022/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật