Joan Rivers - A Piece of Work (2010)

By far the most interesting documentary I've seen this year. I don't necessarily think that I'm saying that in a good way. After seeing it I bother understand why it is not on the short list for the documentary and why it is so popular.

First off, I knew very little about Joan Rivers before watching this. For those of my generation, think of her as Kathy Griffin's predecessor. You know, the annoying redhead from a couple Seinfeld episodes? Anyways, Rivers is a comedian that thinks she is an actress. She lives a lifestyle all of her own, and this documentary follows her around for a year exposing you to her schedule.


The film is in many ways, sad, pitiful, frustrating, and mainly unbelievable. Not because it was fake, but because it was all too real. Rivers looks like a monster without her make-up, an opening sequence that almost hard to watch. It is one of those films that you can't really put your finger on. Did I like it? It is wrong to like it? In many ways it was little more than a long episode of 60 minutes, obviously there was no real message, but it was a fun watch.

I suggest checking it out.

Vote: 8/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1568150/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật