State of Play (2009)

I found it very hard not to confuse this film with Body of Lies. Russell Crowe starred in both films within the span of a year with an FBI theme and I was very confused which one I still needed to see.

This film has Crowe in the role of a newspaper reporter alongside Rachel McAdams. McAdams has been testing a number of different genres over the last few years: Wedding Crashers [Comedy], Red Eye [Thriller], The Family Stone [Romantic Comedy], Sherlock Holmes [Action], and this is her dramatic role. Ben Affleck plays a congressman, and even though I don't like Affleck the person, I do like him as a actor. He is 50/50 and it is usually because the film itself is bad, not his acting. So this was a good film for him.

The film is about a congressman [Affleck] who is caught in a scandal during trials against a private company trying to contract with the US Military. Crowe is a reporter and just happens to be friends with Affleck, McAdams is new to Crowe's newspaper and they team up to uncover what could be a conspiracy.

The film definitely has some elements I would change, but as a whole is was very good. I highly suggest this film.

Vote: 8/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0473705/
Share:

1 nhận xét:

  1. Too many coincidences in this film kept distracting me. Congressman decides to see a newspaper reporter for advice. Really? Reporter should have steered clear of this story to avoid conflict of interest. Jason Bateman is great as PR man.

    Trả lờiXóa

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật