The Kids Are Alright (2010)

Let me start by admitting that when I saw this was Julianne Moore and Annette Bening in a lesbian movie, I thought. Crap. Do I really have to watch this one. Might as well get it over with. Honestly I remember this coming out on dvd and would have passes on it, had it not been nominated for awards.

Can't always judge a film by it's poster huh? I'm very glad I watched this one. An above average (not excellent) storyline, with realistic characters, and great acting. Mark Ruffalo is a nitch actor, and this character reminds me a lot of his performance in You Can Count on Me. Julianne Moore has been hit-or-miss with me lately, her last strong performance was Children of Men, and I still think she was just ok. Annette Bening on the other hand was fantastic in a complex role of a wife having to cope with her family/partner being pulled in different directions. Mia Wasikowska and Josh Hutcherson did a good job completing the main cast as sister and brother.

I'll keep the plot simple. Joni turns 18, her younger brother asks her to seek out their sperm donor father, Paul [Mark Ruffalo]. Complications arise when Joni starts spending more time with Paul, and he hires Moore's character to do some gardening work.

The movie seemed like it could have been taken from a real family, and was entertaining and realistic start to finish. Not a glamorous film, but worth of checking out.

Vote: 8/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0842926/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật