Flash of Genius (2008)

Directed by Marc Abraham [Producer of Air Force One and Children of Men just to name a few], and starring Greg Kinnear [As Good as It Gets and  Little Miss Sunshine], comes a film about a college professor and engineer/inventor who invents the intermittent windshield wiper.

A film that has been on my radar for almost 4 years now but constantly overlooked because all I could think when seeing it was, "how interesting can a film about windshield wipers really be?" The film starts with the invention process, then goes into how Mr. Kinnear goes about getting the patent rights then trying to sell his invention to the major motor companies. After the invention is stolen by Ford, Mr. Kinnear's life starts falling apart as he gives up everything to take his fight to the courts.

A film that questions ethics and shows the limits that one has to go to, to defend his rights through the court system. I'm surprised at how much I really liked this film because I felt like I knew what it was about before watching it and didn't expect much. A good court room drama, so I would suggest it, if that is your kind of movie.

Vote: 8/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1054588/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật