The Professionals (1966)

I have to say I'm more familiar with Burt Lancaster in a father or bad guy role than in the leading role, and I can't say I'm a fan. Lee Marvin is pretty good though, so that did make the film enjoyable.

The Professionals is a film about a couple of men who are hired by a  wealthy Texan to go into Mexico and return his kidnapped wife. Marvin plays Henry, who then assembles a team to take on the daring mission. They encounter bandits on the way to "Raza's" rebel camp. Claudia Cardinale stars as Mrs. Grant, a Mexican woman taken from her people to become the wife of a rich white Texan, it is pretty obvious from the start that this might not really be a kidnapping.

Good message, good stars, good western action, you can't complain. A was a little bored at times, but that is probably just from the large quantity of westerns I've seen lately. I liked Lancaster throwing the dynamite instead of using a gun against bad guys. I had the impression that this would have been a Top 10 Western when the AFI awards came out in 2008, and if they would have scrapped their attempt to be broad in include a mining town film McCabe & Mrs. Miller, and a cheesy comedy Cat Ballou, than this one would have been on there.

Vote: 7/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060862/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật