Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid (1973)

I've been looking at this blog post all day trying to decide how to write a review. I'm not going to let it be one of those movies that persists to keep me far behind the finds I'm currently watching. The film was a meandering mess with minimal plot. Directed by Sam Peckinpah who I can't say I have much of an opinion about either way.

Basically the story goes that Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid were once friends in the same gang. After a job gone wrong they all split up, and Garrett became sheriff in a western town. When the Kid shows up he give him a few days to leave, when it doesn't they capture him and prepare to hang him. The Kid escapes and the rest of the film is Garrett in slow pursuit of the Kid.


This is one of the films that was not picked for the AFI Top 10 Westerns and I thought might have been overlooked. It was filmed in Mexico so I don't know if that has something to do with it or not. I'm happy if it was overlooked now.

The film stars James Coburn as Garrett and Kris Kristofferson [you'd recognize him from the Blade series] as Billy the Kid. The most notable part of the movie however is one of the supporting characters, Bob Dylan. He plays "Alias" a young man in Billy's gang. He also lent some music to the film, most notably "Knocking On Heaven's Door," which was later covered by Guns N' Roses.

The film is not worth your time.

Vote: 5/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070518/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật