The Gunfighter (1950)

A short and simple western film that I was able to sneak in right before the end of the themed month. This film stars Gregory Peck, who is easily one of my favorite actors of the 1950's. My favorite of his films is Cape Fear, which I reviewed here.

The film isn't even an hour and a half long and has a simple and uncomplicated plot. Peck plays "Jimmy Ringo," a notorious gunfighter with a reputation that precedes him. In the opening scene he isn't able to sit quietly in a bar without a young cowboy making him prove his toughness.

I found it interesting that this film portrayed a real person in such a fictitious manner. The REAL Jimmy Ringo did little to earn a bad man reputation and died of a self inflicted gunshot wound to the head. Not really the sympathetic gunfighter looking to put his past behind him and become a "good man," that this film makes him out to be.

Forget what his name is and it is a decent short western film. I like it, but it was also pretty forgettable.

Vote: 7/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0042531/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật