Rango (2011)

It is almost offensive to me that this film is labeled as a children film and was able to get a PG rating. This animated film is not for an under 10 audience. If you weren't sure what this was about read the movie poster, directed by Gore Verbinski, the same director from the Pirate of the Caribbean series, and starring Johnny Depp. So just like the Pirate series, this is a film all about Depp.

So I do like Depp, but about 30-45 minutes of just kid humor is not my thing. The film is about a chameleon traveling in the back of a car through the desert, when the car swerves to avoid an accident, Rango and his tank are thrown from the car and he is forces to survive on his own in the desert. He stumbles upon a rough town called "Dirt," who has a serious water problem and Rango pretends to be tough to avoid getting thrown out of a bar. The town starts to rely on him, and he is forces to fend of a bird and a snake to protect them.

The film is quite gross with characters having limbs falling off, bad guys in the desert with infect body parts. I'm not saying to was too gross for me, but I didn't think the mature dialogue was appropriate for immature humor. It was clear that a younger audience was target here, so it didn't work for me. Middle school age boys might be the only ones that walk away really happy from this film, so I was greatly disappointed.

Vote: 5/10; KSF 5/5

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1192628/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật