Pollock (2000)

I've been meaning to see this one for a little while now, it actually helped me finish watching all Oscar winners of the last decade. The film is directed by and starring Ed Harris, and he was nominated for an Oscar... but the winner was Marcia Gay Harden for actress in a supporting role. I guess I never looked at the movie poster because I though this was a war film, or a film about an immigrant because I confused Pollock with "Polak," e.g. someone from Poland.

The film is actually about the famous American artist Jackson Pollock. Jackson had mental issues, struggles with being an alcoholic, but he was one of the most influential figures in the abstract expressionist movement. Here is a cool website that will give you a chance to making your own abstract painting: JacksonPollock.org.

Harris has been nominated for 4 Oscars and never won. He has been a part of films that have one, but it is impressive that the first film he directed by himself he manages to pull in an Oscar for Harden, and a nomination for himself. If you aren't a fan of Harris your haven't seen enough of his film, he did a great job with this film and I'm very glad I went back and watched it.

A tragic drama that is not really a family film. Nevertheless it is a compelling and interesting biography of famous man in American culture. Check it out.

Vote: 8/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0183659/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật