Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind: Kaze no tani no Naushika (1984)

This is going to be a short review, but I guess you can already see that... Another Hayao Miyazaki film, I'm getting really tired of his entire body of work cycling onto the IMDB Top 250. This one, currently not on the top 250 was #248 on Jan. 1st when I create a static list. I'm sure now that I've seen it, it will never return, and Kiki's Delivery Service will be on there next. Since it is the only feature film of his I have not seen and has not been on the 250.

I'm sure this sounds a little harsh, but this film does not really deserve any acclaim. It just a kids movie. Weak plot, average animation quality, and quite dull. The film takes place well into the future when the forests are poisoned from all the pollution and wars. They live in the valley of the wind, when Nausicaa is a princess of a small community just trying to survive. Warring clans invade and their valley and Nausicaa has to save her people.

Too violent for small children, just about all anime of this type gets a 4/5 on the KSF. Plus, the plot is complicated enough that little ones wouldn't get it.

Vote: 6/10, KSF 4/5

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087544/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật