Body Heat (1981)

#92 on the AFI 100 Thrills was probably one of the weakest films on the list for me. Opinions will diverge at this point of a Top 100 so I'm not surprised. This romance turned crime film really wasn't very thrilling though.

The film stars William Hurt and Kathleen Turner with minor roles by some notables: Ted Danson and Mickey Rourke. The first and foremost issue I had with this one is Hurt's performance, it was not good enough to star in a film. Maybe I need to see Kiss of the Spider Woman, in which he actually won an Oscar for Actor in a Leading Performance. I guess it might also have to do with the fact that I see him as a old man and supporting actor in a lot of current movies. Turner was ok, and I have to laugh at seeing Danson give his buddy in the film, Hurt, advice since we aren't in a bar.

 I might have come across as a little hard on this film, it really wasn't bad per say, it just wasn't up to par with the rest of the list. It is a decent wife cheats on rich husband then plots to get the money film. Maybe I'm also just not a huge 80's movie fan.


Vote: 6/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082089/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật