Pride and Glory (2008)

After watching a string of bad [or just average] films I sat down to watch a couple of my favorite actors: Edward Norton and Colin Farrell in a film I hoped would be really really good. Both actors have been a part of some of my favorite films, yet both have made some pretty bad ones as well. The good cop/bad cop films are also hit and miss since a realistic scenario can make or break the film for me.

The film is about the Tierney family. Dad is a police chief [Jon Voight], big brother is a sergeant over a department [Noah Emmerich], little brother is pushing papers after something went wrong in the field [Edward Norton]. Then there is the brother-in-law who also works on the force, football player, and street smart bad ass [Colin Farrell].

After four cops are gunned down in the field, Norton's character is called in to investigate while Farrell's character decides he and his men will figure it out themselves.

The film runs along at a 9/10 or 10/10 until we get to the completely implausible ending. How it ends and the outcome aren't something you need to hold your breath for, or pick apart while watching. I'm just saying that it wasn't realistic. The storyline was pretty good, the camerawork on the high speed chases was how I like it, and the acting was good as well. There is a horrific scene with an infant that created a memorable moment in this film I don't think I'll soon forget so it has some staying power, and overall it is definitely worth watching. Just not quite good enough to be a top film of the year/decade/etc.

Vote: 8/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0482572/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật