Repulsion (1965)

Director Roman Polanski is originally from Poland. He directed his first film Knife in the Water in Poland before moving to France where he directed this film for a company in Britain. A film that proceeds Rosemary's Baby and a few other thriller films. I guess I didn't see Polanski as a thriller film director.

This film stars Catherine Deneuve as Carole, a ditzy girl who seems to be disconnected from just about everything in life, with the exception of her sister. She lives in a two bedroom apartment with her sister, who has a new boyfriend that Carole doesn't approve of, and she works at a beauty salon. When her sister goes on vacation she loses it. She stays in the apartment for days, and her mental state collapses.

I don't understand why this film is so greatly liked. It even has a 7.9 on imdb, a very high average for what I felt was a simple film of someone going nuts. There were no twists and the conclusion was very ho-hum. Maybe I'm alone in this, but I was very bored.

Vote: 5/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059646/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật