Shadow of the Vampire (2000)

I don't know why I make new lists to try and watch when I still have ones that I haven't finished yet. A couple weeks ago I was reading about the Saturn Awards, which is basically a minor Oscar award for categories like Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Horror. The Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Horror have been giving this award out for over 30 years now and their categories have expanded regularly.

As a matter of fact this years nominee's were just announced and can be found here: Saturn Awards. So I decided to make a list of all nominees from 2000-Present and this was the only one I had not seen yet. So I gave it a shot.

The film stars John Malkovich and and was directed by E. Elias Merhige [Director of Suspect Zero (2000) [6/10], not so good...]. I'm not a fan of the always angry Malkovich, and thought I would be pleasantly surprised by seeing Eddie Izzard in this film, but his role was very boring.

The movie is bad because it is pointless and boring. It is a nonfiction horror film that recreates the filming of Nosferatu in the 1920's. Malkovich plays the famous German director F.W. Murnau and basically slanders the history of this great director. It is very short at just about one hour and twenty minutes and a 5 minute incredibly boring opening sequence. I'm sure this was done on a short budget and it definitely shows.

Most ironic thing is that it is funded by "Saturn Pictures" so I wonder why it was nominated for a Saturn Award? Coincidence?

Vote: 3/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0189998/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật