Hannah and Her Sisters (1986)

It is kind of funny that there are two directors with a lot of films I have to watch. Woody Allen has a lot of comedies that have been recognized and Alfred Hitchcock has a number of suspense/mystery films recognized as well. The funny part is that I space out the Hitchcock's because I like them, and know that if I watch them all right now I will never get to see another new [to me] Hitchcock again. Where as watching Allen's films tends to be a chore, and I space them out because I can't manage to sit through more than one every couple months.

That being said this one was not that bad. Probably because Allen played a minor role in this film until the end and it centered around Michael Caine and Barbara Hershey for the majority of the film. I really like Caine, especially since his role in Sleuth (1972), a fantastic acting performance.

This film is about three sisters and their family relationships, and the relationships between them and the men in their lives. It was kind of boring at times. Allen's films always have a subtle comedic undertone. It is never laugh out loud funny, and usually not dark comedy either. I have trouble categorizing a lot of it as comedy and usually throw it in with the dramas. It takes a lot for me to like one of his films, his style doesn't agree with what I like to get out of a film, so it falls into the just average pile...

Vote: 6/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091167/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật