Old Dogs (2009)

There are a lot of films that I watch, that I just know are going to be bad. Why do I watch them? Well, sometimes they surprise me. Daddy Day Care for example, it only had a 5.5 on imdb yet I gave it a 7/10.

With John Travolta and Robin Williams you always have potential for a good film, but the opposite can also be said for these two. Williams has had some recent failures with comedy, most notably RV, while Travolta has found success with Wild Hogs. Since Walt Becker directed Wild Hogs and this film I thought I might be in for a few laughs...

I was wrong. This turned out to be a lot more a kids movie than anything. Typical slapstick, unrealistic comedy with bad acting and plot throughout. As much as I like Seth Green he needs to get away from these types of films because he was incredibly annoying.

So some of my readers know I play "Ultimate Frisbee." To my surprise there was a scene where they actually played ultimate with the boy scouts. Very cool... but not... I was very happy to see ultimate in a mainstream movie, but not like this. It really showed me that Travolta, Williams, and the director didn't research their roles AT ALL. There is no tackling in ultimate. I've seen a lot of new players in my days as a player, played in camps growing up, and know what beginner ultimate looks like. This wasn't it. Yelling "prison rules!" then tackling while running around with the disc was just stupid and exemplified how many times this movie was just stupid and not funny.

Maybe someday ultimate will make its way into a good film... see I Bleed Black if you want to see a documentary on ultimate.

Vote: 3/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0976238/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật