Cat Ballou (1965)

The #10 American Western as listed by the American Film Institute on last years 10Top10 list. This is the type of western movie that as a kid made me ask, "why does anybody like westerns?" There is a barn dance, over-the-top bad acting, silly fights and some awful country singing during the jingles that narrate and tie all the scenes together.

The star of the film is Jane Fonda, in one of her earlier roles, who plays the role of Catherine 'Cat' Ballou. I have managed to avoid just about any film or television show with Fonda, and not exactly by coincidence. Her roles in Monster-in-Law alongside Jennifer Lopez and Wanda Sykes is just one of those I've avoided. However, I had no idea how beautiful she was when she was younger. She is definitely the only reason to watch this film.

One of the more significant supporting actor roles comes from Lee Marvin as a gun-slinger hired by Cat. This is the first of his films I've seen as well, but I do however have more than a few of his on my list The Dirty Dozen, The Professionals, and Hell in the Pacific.

With this slapstick storyline, and a pretty entertaining cast this is a western that probably earned a PG rating, personally I'll stick with the shoot'em up westerns like The Wild Bunch and anything with Clint Eastwood.

Vote: 6/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059017/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật

Blog Archive