The Baader Meinhof Complex (2008)

This film follows the formation of the terrorist group known as the Red Army Faction (RAF) in Germany in the last 60's. The film stars Martina Gedeck (The Good Shepherd), Moritz Bleibtreu (Munich ), and Bruno Ganz (Der Untergang: Downfall).

The film focuses on the violence and incarceration of the leaders of the terrorist group more than the actual history and stance the group took. It definitely depicted the group as if they did not have a clear message, organization, or leadership skills. The most ironic part for me was that Ganz, who played Hitler in Downfall, was cast as a police officer. I'm not sure if they used him to exemplify the police force as Nazi-like, or not.

I was not impressed by the acting and the police standoffs, murders, and bombings do not excite me as much as learning what their fight was for, or about. I left the film feeling like I learned nothing, maybe this is what the director was trying to show, maybe not. All I know is that I didn't like it and was bored throughout.

Vote: 4/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0765432/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật

Blog Archive