G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (2009)

I'm not quite sure how they got away with hiding in the cast on imdb, but the key players in the crappy movie, Channing Tatum, Marlon Wayans, Dennis Quaid, and Sienna Miller, managed to be listed 10th, 12th, 13th, and 3rd on the cast list. I would want to be listed lower on the cast list of a film like this also.

Let's start by defending the movie. It is made by Hasbro, so what can you expect from a toy company. They did try and stay true to the unrealistic and someone absurd storyline from the cartoon and toy line. These aren't easy to do.

Now for the bad...Tatum and Miller are awful. They just can't act and should be in feature films. Wayans should have never left comedy because his acting was a joke, cheezy and over the top. Quaid... this is the best gig you could find last year?

The plot was dumb, the flashbacks for Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes were ridiculous. Why have a flashback that has nothing to do with the main characters? Marketing? Can you sell more toys with this subplot? It made no sense and brought nothing to the main storyline. The multiple action sequences at the end were horrible. Why do we need thee different unrelated storylines all climaxing at the same time? The editing on this was unbelievably bad.

I like to think this was geared for a 12 year old and not for me. But I also like to think I was more intelligent at that age and didn't need this barrage of action to keep my attention [look a squirrel!] do they think people get distracted that easily? It has the opposite affect on me and makes me hate the movie and want it to end.

Turn your mind off and stuff the popcorn in your face to enjoy this one.

Vote: 4/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1046173/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật