Jason and the Argonauts (1963)

I managed to find this movie in blu-ray so I gave it a shot in a new HDTV. It really made me wonder if anyone that had anything to do with this movie actually saw this HD version. Parts of it seemed fantastic, and others really highlighted the flaws, like the paper mache head on the mast of the ship. Or the overlay of the statue walking on the island.

All of these elements did, however, remind me how creative a film almost 50 years old was. The story is that of the legendary greek hero, Jason, on his quest for the golden fleece. Fighting moving mountains, three headed serpents, and statues of the gods that come to life. A very fun movie, but not as good as Clash of the Titans (1981). Greek Mythology movies are a lot of fun though and it was entertaining, I just wouldn't suggest it to everyone.

Vote: 7/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057197/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật