Around the World in Eighty Days (1956)

The 1957 Oscar Best Picture winner, a 2 and a half hour family film, with slapstick comedy and bad action scenes. I was a lot more disappointed with this film than I expected. The movie has an intermission around the time they make it too San Francisco and the film turns south at this point.

The first half had silly scenes but the ridiculous cowboy and Indian scenes really did it for me on this one. The only cool thing about this movie is that Buster Keaton plays the train conductor.

If you told me that Shirley MacLaine was in this movie I'd say you had the wrong movie in mind. But that is actually her as the Princess in India.

Watch the remake, it is just as bad, but not worse by any means.

Vote: 6/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0048960/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật