The Cheat (1931)

So I accidentally watched this one because I thought it was "The Cheat (1915)" which is on the Library of Congress Film Registry. This film however is not on any lists, and if it would have been bad, it would have been a complete waste of time.

Luckily it wasn't bad at all. An early talkie, and likely a remake of the 1915 film that did make the LoC List. Tallulah Bankhead stars in one of her few feature films. She plays a wealthy homemaker who likes to gamble, when she can't pay her debt and doesn't want to tell her husband she makes a deal that gets her in a lot of trouble.

It is funny to me to read Ms. Bankhead's career synopsis. At least on imdb they completely have the ending of this film all wrong, because nobody is murdered. Yes, shots are fired, and justice is served. It is a clear case of the telephone game where someone read the plot of the film and inferred their own conclusion without seeing it first.

It wasn't bad, I just never would have watched it if I would have realized my mistake. You can find it on youtube, it is what came up when I searched for the 1915 version.

Vote: 7/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0021735/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật