Street Kings (2008)

When I came across this movie a year or so ago I assumed it was just another guy movie that will be on Spike or some other guy movie network television channel in a year or so. With Keanu Reeves, Cedric the Entertainer, and Common in the cast I didn't expect much. Forest Whitaker stands out as overqualified for this film, but I ended up finding that Whitaker and Reeves did really well with this one.

Reeves plays the typical cop movie role, wife is dead, and he is either avenging her or mad at the world. Life is a mess and he lives dangerously. When a fellow cop dies he has to go outside the force to right some wrongs. The movie was much more complex and entertaining that I though it would be. Good internet reviews come from those that spend a lot of time talking about movies online... guys that like action flicks. So yeah, a lot of killing, and some decent acting. 7 is a lot higher than I thought I would be giving this film when I started it. In the end I'm glad I spent the time watching this one.

Vote: 7/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0421073/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật